2018-2019 OFFICIAL RULES
1) The Bass Junkyz 2018-2019 Season consists of 6 events with one drop and a Championship.
2) Off limits begins at 5:00PM (17:00hrs) the Friday night before the tournament except noted Championship.
3) Registration forms must be completed and signed by both team members. If competitors register and pay via e-commerce a signed completed form and receipt must be presented. Registration form can be printed and brought to the event, or forms will be available at the sign-up table.
4) Launch number is determined for electronic credit card sign-up as a random draw with order results posted day before, then day of sign-up as next number in the sequence. Flights are grouped in amounts of fifteen (15). Jumping the launch order is prohibited and may result in being held back to the end of the flight not excluding disqualification.
5) Teams consist of two people. If a team member is not available, an individual may fish alone for no more than 2 events but must fish with the same person for all other events.
6) Participation by individuals who are 16 years of age and older as a boater.
7) An Entry Card will be issued to you at time of check in; this card will have your boat number information, flight number, flight check-in time, live well check, basic information, and emergency contact information. This card must be returned when weighing fish in or not. This is also used to track contestants safely off of the water.
8) Boats sixteen (16’) feet or more with working navigation lighting, live well, and operational kill switch are considered a minimum tournament boat. In no case may the horsepower of your outboard exceed the rating specified on the rating plate. All Coast Guard rules apply to each team.
9) Once an event has started no refunds or “roll-over” will be given or allowed. Tournament Director has final say.
10) First flight will blast off at “safe-light”. The Tournament Director may, at his discretion, delay the tournament start due to unsafe weather or conditions. First flight check-in time is at 3:00PM (15:00hrs) and may change at Tournament Directors discretion.
11) Safe boat conduct must be observed at all times by tournament competitors. During any official tournament days, each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard approved, Type III, chest-type life preserver. This preserver must be worn anytime the combustion engine is operating and engaged. This preserver must be strapped, snapped or zippered securely and maintained in that condition until the competitor reaches their fishing location and the combustion engine is shut off. Tournament Officials have the right to delay or cancel the start of an official tournament day because of bad weather or other factors that would endanger the safety of the competitors, or the integrity of the event. In the event of a thunderstorm, lightning, severe weather or any unsafe condition, participants should remove themselves from the competition and seek safety or shelter until it is safe to continue fishing. Participants may not leave their boats during tournament hours except in case of emergency. Tournament waters may also be restricted at any time because of bad weather. Bass Junkyz will announce emergency contact numbers and instructions at a pre-launch briefing. The rules of this event, particularly the safety rules are the responsibility of BOTH contestants in the boat to personally verify and adhere to. Any competitors receiving a citation during the tournament will be disqualified.
12) Competitors in a Bass Junkyz tournament are expected to follow the very highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any violation of these basic sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Use of alcohol or drugs (other than those drugs purchased over the counter or prescribed by a licensed physician) by any competitor during the tournament will not be tolerated and shall be cause for automatic disqualification from this and all future Bass Junkyz tournaments.
13) Insurance – During any official competition days of any Bass Junkyz event, no contestant may operate a boat unless that contestant has documented proof of insurance that show date of coverage for the event with a minimum $250,000 boating liability coverage on that particular watercraft. Random checks will be conducted.
14) Artificial bait only. No live bait, no trolling, and no cast nets. All AZGF rules apply.
15) Tournament waters shall be established and published for each event. Each competitor must obtain this information from Bass Junkyz. Fishing on tournament waters is permitted anywhere except water within tournament boundaries posted "off-limits or no fishing" by state or federal agencies which will be OFF-LIMITS. Also, the live-bass release area established by the Tournament Director will be OFF-LIMITS and will be announced at the tournament briefing. No contestant may “Buy” or “Barter” a fishing location. Only that water open to ALL public fishing will be considered tournament waters. Any water closed to public fishing will be closed to tournament contestants. All angling must be done from the boat.
16) Contestants must not depart the boat to land fish or to make the boat more accessible to fishing waters. Contestants must leave and return to the check-in by boat and all boats must remain in the tournament waters during the tournament day. No boats may be loaded on a trailer before the weigh-in except with the permission or direction of the tournament director. In the event of equipment failure or emergency the tournament director must be notified as soon as it is safe to do so. There are only two permitted methods of returning to the check-in: (1) by both paired anglers remaining in their boat and being towed by water, or (2) with permission from the tournament director, by one or both paired anglers entering the boat of another tournament contestant, at which point all fishing must cease by all parties. Under these two conditions both contestants’ catches may be counted without a penalty (except for late penalties, dead-fish penalties or other penalties pertaining to other tournament rules) provided that all contestants fish are adequately marked so as to provide clear distinction between their catches to the tournament director. Contestants who elect to return to the check-in by any other means than cited above will forfeit their day’s catch to that point in time of the tournament day. Otherwise contestants must remain together and within sight of each other at all times. The momentary condition of being out of sight of each other for a restroom break is permitted. However, all fishing must cease, anytime partners are separated.
17) There shall be an official safety checkpoint for checkout in the morning and check-in in the afternoon. Failure to go through this check point will result in disqualification. At the time of check-out all competitors and their boats shall be in full conformance with all safety and tournament rules. At check-in all boats shall identify themselves, and proceed immediately to the designated weigh-in area. Partners please stay together, through check-in and weigh-in until weigh-in slips have been issued (photos or protests). YOU MUST CHECK-IN EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FISH.
18) Late teams to check-in will be disqualified.
19) Only one rod maybe in use per team member to catch fish. The line cannot have more than the two hooks per line per AZGF.
20) AS A CONSIDERATION FOR THE WEIGHMASTER, please tag your big fish to help expedite the process. IT IS NOT MANDITORY. No penalty is applied.
21) For each legal dead fish presented to weigh-in officials, the competitor shall be penalized one pound (1 lb) of weight, to be deducted from their daily weight. Tournament Officials shall have sole authority for accessing penalty points.
22) Minimum length of fish is twelve inches (12”) except Colorado River waters which is thirteen inches (13”). Fish presented at weigh-in found to be a “short” fish will result in loss of the short fish and the team’s largest fish.
23) If a team comes to the scale with more than the bag limit of five (5), the team will be disqualified.
24) All fish will be inspected for tampering during the weigh-in process. Any fish that appears to have been mangled, mashed, mauled, or otherwise altered will be weighed and credited only at the discretion of Tournament Officials not excluding forfeiture of the fish or disqualification.
25) In case of a tie for first place team or team champion, the following tie breakers will be used in this order: 1.) The team or individual with the largest fish; 2.) The team or individual with the largest number of legal LIVE fish weighed-in during the competition; 3.) The team or individual with the heaviest single days catch during competition. In the unlikely event a tie remains after these three tiebreakers are employed; a flip of a coin will be used to determine the winner. Ties for lesser positions shall be resolved by means selected by the Tournament Director.
26) All protests must be given in writing to the Tournament Director within 10 minutes of the anglers check in time. It will be the tournament director’s responsibility to make a decision based off of the information provided by both parties. Both parties involved must be readily available for discussion with the Tournament Director when requested. Tournament Director’s decision is final.
27) Any team may be subject to a polygraph procedure by a certified polygraph professional. In the event the polygraph test is failed the prize is forfeit.
28) Local, State, Tribal, and Federal law are deemed to supersede any rule in this document with which they conflict. Any angler/team found to be cheating will be prosecuted to the absolute fullest extent of the law.
29) Bass Junkyz reserves the right to refuse service or participation to anyone.
30) No team shall pull within 50 yards or 150 feet of another competitor’s boat. No boat shall permit selected competitors to fish within the 50 yard circle claimed by him to the exclusion of any other competitor. Having a cast land within 15 yards or 45 feet of another competitor’s boat shall be considered encroachment.